Acer Corporation Ltd.; commonly known as Acer and stylized as acer, is a Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation, specializing in advanced electronics technology, headquartered in Xizhi, New Taipei City, Taiwan. Acer’s products include desktop PCs, laptop PCs (clamshells, 2-in-1s, convertibles and Chromebooks), tablets, servers, storage devices, virtual reality devices, displays, smartphones and peripherals. Acer was founded by Stan Shih, his wife Carolyn Yeh, and a group of five others as Multitech in 1976, headquartered in Hsinchu City, Taiwan.
Acer also sells gaming PCs and accessories under its Predator brand. In the early 2000s, Acer implemented a new business model, shifting from a manufacturer to a designer, marketer and distributor of products, while performing production processes via contract manufacturers. In 2015, Acer was the sixth-largest personal computer vendor in the world. Currently, in addition to its core IT products business, Acer also has a new business entity that focuses on the integration of cloud services and platforms, and the development of smartphones and wearable devices with value-added IoT applications.
Acer increased worldwide sales while simultaneously reducing its labor force by identifying and using marketing strategies that best utilized their existing distribution channels. By 2005, Acer employed a scant 7,800 people worldwide. Revenues rose from US$4.9 billion in 2003 to US$11.31 billion in 2006. Acer’s North American market share has slipped over the past few years, while in contrast, the company’s European market share has risen.
Is Acer A Good Brand?. Lets Get Into That
Durability doesn’t mean bulky looking devices. Neither does it mean that sleek, good looking devices cannot withstand daily bumps and knocks they may be subjected to when employees are on the move.
Acer laptops include a single warranty, and for an additional warranty for one to three years you have to pay extra money. However, more expensive and high-end Acer laptops also come with accidental-damage protection, such as Predator gaming laptops usually get two years of warranty whereas the regular laptops get a one year of limited warranty.
If you choose to opt for the extra warranty period, the one-year warranty extension may cost you around $60, and the two years of the additional warranty period may cost $90. However, if you go for three years of additional warranty, it will cost you $189, but it will also include accidental damage protection. Furthermore, if you need to send your laptop to Acer for repair, you will have to pay for all the expenses; however, Acer will be responsible for the laptop’s return shipping. You can also choose to purchase the two-way shipping upgrade to avoid this hassle.
Acer has a dedicated line up for its gaming laptops known as Predator. The devices in this category like Predator 300 and Predator 500 are outstanding for video games due to their high-end processors and graphic cards. The gaming laptop market has fierce competition these days from brands like ASUS, Dell’s Alienware and Razer.
This is a question which majority of the buyers will ask. The simple answer is that it depends on the usage. If we use a laptop for what it’s meant, it can last for 10- 15 years easily. When it comes to Acer, users have reported that their laptops easily last for 5-6 years with normal usage. However, if a person starts playing video games on a non-gaming laptop, this will affect the device within days so be careful to know the limits of an electronic device.
No other laptop does power and affordability like the best Acer laptops. The name Acer has always been synonymous with affordability, giving budget-minded consumers reasonably-priced options in a sea of premiums, and there’s no better choice right now if you’re on a limited budget. These laptops tend to be more affordable than the competition, all while delivering top-notch performance and extreme reliability.
That’s exactly what we are here for. We handpicked the best Acer laptops today, each of which have been tested and reviewed by us here at TechRadar. Whether you’re looking for your next productivity Ultra-Book the Best Laptops for Students or a lightweight Chromebooks for your casual computing needs, there’s something for you on this list.
when it comes to gaming, Acer is certainly no stranger to that path. This is because most manufacturers seem to be tilting more towards laptops with high gaming compatibility. This is due to the increased levels of competition among manufacturers. Acer has been attempting to set the pace in this line with its Nitro Spin 5 and Nitro 5.In 2008, it came up with the predator tribe which served as competition to the HP Omen and the Dell G series. The predator tribe is further divided into the Triton range and the Helios. One good example of its predator laptops is the Triton 500 gaming laptop.
Acer does not seem like relenting in terms of innovations any time soon. The band continues to make its name in the realm of ultra-portable designs as the brand produces what is reputed to be the slimmest ever laptop with the Swift 7. This laptop just weighs 2-pounds and it is 0.39-inches in thickness. With a 92% screen-to-body ratio.In the gaming world, Acer has the Triton 900 which has a 17-inches screen capable of moving backward and forward due to its Ezel Aero hinge. Some other innovations include the HyperDrift keyboard on the Acer Helios. This keyboard is capable of sliding forward for improving performance and cooling.
Moreover, if you care less about designing and more about the performance, Acer may be your best choice because, despite their impressive performance, some Acer laptops have bulky-looking designs even though they are as lightweight as regular laptops. Acer produces reliable laptops, and that’s the reason people on a budget choose to opt for Acer laptops. Its low-budget laptops provide incredible specs and performance without compromising their quality. Furthermore, if you are looking for a laptop for your children, or if you have children in the house, Acer could be the best option for you because it manufactures some of the most robust and powerful laptops.
The Predator series is full of robust and impressive gaming machines, and the Predators are subdivided into Helios and Triton range. Triton 500 is a great example of gaming laptops that are a whole package of the beauty and the brains, and it shows that Acer isn’t afraid of experimenting with thin gaming laptops. Similarly, the Predator Helios 300 is another best gaming laptop with impressive specs that you can get at half the price of Triton 500.
Most of Acer laptops have similar designs apart from the Acer Swift 7 because that laptop is a work of art. Additionally, the gaming laptops of the Predator series have funky looks that indicate the purpose of those laptops – gaming. The design of Acer laptops usually gives them a bulky look, but there isn’t much difference when you compare the weight of an Acer laptop to a competitor laptop; they are a lot lighter than they may appear.
Furthermore, a unique thing about Acer is that it offers a wide variety of colors for people who choose their laptops based on their colors, and this way, they can choose any color according to their preferences.
Pricing strategy of this company is one that takes note of the key considerations of the customer, which is nothing more than the price of the product. Probably for this reason, almost every product that comes from the production of the parent company is reasonably priced.
Acer is a brand known to churn out a wide range of laptops which range from Windows Convertibles to lightweight Chromebooks. The brand also has something for gamers with the predator brand. It is, however, important to note that since the early 2000s, it is believed that the company has dwindled in terms of quality of its products with numerous complains among its users. However, even at that, there are a few Acer brands that stand out from the crowd because of the quality they offer.
Acer sells a wide variety of laptops across the spectrum, from budget to premium. For just $179, the Acer Chromebook 15, which features a full metal chassis and a sharp 1080p display. There’s also the detachable Acer One 10 for $218 and the $329 Acer Aspire E15, which offers an 8th Gen Core i3 CPU and great battery life.
If you’re looking for a mainstream laptop, look into the Acer Spin 3 ($599), which boasts a strong Core i5 and long battery life, all packed into a 2-in-1 design with decent speakers. There’s also the Aspire R15, available for $799 and the Aspire 7 ($918). On the premium end, you’ve got the hybrid Switch 7 Black Edition ($1,699) and Acer Swift 7 ($1,699) that slides in at just 0.4 inches thin and comes with a surprisingly comfortable keyboard and a gorgeous 14-inch display.
Acer also has a decent selection of gaming laptops. They range from affordable, like the convertible $649 Nitro Spin 5 and the Nitro 5 ($719), to exorbitantly expensive, like the Predator Triton 500 ($1,999). But before you crack open your wallet, let’s examine the mid-tier options. For $999, you can get the Predator Helios 300, or pay $1,199, for its snazzier-looking cousin, the Predator Helios 300 Special Edition, which comes packed with a strong 8th Gen Core i7 processor and an overclockable Nvidia GTX 1060 GPU, a colorful 15.6-inch display, and a remarkably cool chassis.
The only thing that Acer is really missing is a workstation-class notebook, but the company is taking steps to change that with its ConceptD series. And it looks like the company is looking to court business users once again, bringing back the TravelMate X3 ($999).
Acer is innovating on multiple fronts, especially ultraportable laptops and gaming systems. The Acer Swift 7 is a stunning design achievement, as the machine’s 0.35-inch frame makes it the thinnest laptop in the world. You also get built-in LTE and over 9 hours of battery life. And this system keeps cool, thanks to an ultrathin, 0.03-inch heat pipe.
Two Acer gaming laptops grabbed our attention, starting with the Predator Triton 900. With the Ezel Aero hinge, you can use easily switch between multiple modes, and Acer is bringing this design to the Concept D9 laptop for creative pros. The upcoming Acer Predator Helios boasts a HyperDrift keyboard, which slides forward to improve cooling and performance.
Bundled software, give users advanced functionality to ensure that their devices are secure, up-to-date and have improved performance. Being the brand that Acer is expecting them to be innovative and come up with user-friendly tech never seen before in laptops is justified, and they do not disappoint.
- 3D Creators: No matter how intensive the task, ConceptD allows 3D designers to go beyond their limits and bring their ideas to life.
- Developers ConceptD: Modern technologies such as AI present unique challenges which need answers. Discover the tools ConceptD brings to the table to better empower all types of developers.
Acer is among our top-rated laptop brand for good reason. The company offers an extensive product lineup with some of the best notebooks you can get from any manufacturer. Acer makes laptops for just about every type of user, from children in school to gamers and business executives.
Here are the company’s major product lines.
- Laptops: From Chromebooks to traditional laptops, Acer has a wide selection of computing options for users on the go. No matter what your mobile computing needs, Acer has you covered with TravelMate, Aspire, and more.
- Desktops: Acer desktops come in a range of user-friendly form factors, from ultra-compact to minitower, engineered to suit your office space, working style and the company budget.
- Tablets: From their iconic Iconia tablets to the Aspire Switch, Acer has you covered whether you’re looking for an Android tablet or a Windows-powered device. Check out our great selection.
- Monitors: Acer offers a wide selection of high-quality monitors to meet your computing needs. Select from a variety of sizes and features to find the monitor that’s right for you.
- Projectors: Projectors have come a long way from their bulky predecessors. They make it easy to show information to your team or potential business partners, and the smaller form factors add the convenience of easy mobility. In fact, this type of technology has become small enough for it to fit within a mobile phone. Whether you want a high-end projector mounted to the ceiling of your boardroom or a projector with included speaker. Acer Produces NEC, EPSON, View Sonic and Optoma projectors.
- Wearables: During the latest launch of their Liquid Z5 smartphone in Taipei, Acer re-confirmed the idea that they’d be moving into the wearables market – and that they’d be doing so soon. Suggesting that they’d shown off a number of wearable devices to some of the company’s clients at CES 2014, Acer left reporters with precious little solid information on what their devices would be – or when they’d actually be launching on the global market. While earlier rumors suggested Acer’s efforts to start with smartwatches, at this point there’s been no confirmation – or specific denial – of a variety of products being offered up.
- Accessories: Acer is famous for its numerous accessories around the world which includes Camera & Camcorder Accessories, Carrying Cases, Cell Phone Accessories, Computer Accessories, Drive Accessories, Hardware Licenses, Headphone & Headset Accessories, Mice & Keyboards, Monitor Accessories, Optics, Phone & VoIP Accessories, Point of Sale Equipment and Printer Accessories.
Acer’s phone-based support system did better than it’s done in years, delivering correct answers to all of our questions in a quick and friendly manner. If only its other representatives, working its social media and live chat channels, held up their end of the bargain. Unfortunately, those agents failed at providing the solutions our undercover support agents needed, proving quite frustrating.
Acer pays for the shipping when it sends fixed laptops back to users, but you’re the one who’s paying to get your notebook to their depots. Acer laptops come with a single-year warranty, and you can pay $60 to $189 for an additional one to three years of warranty protection, with the high-end option including accidental-damage protection. For even more money, your plan can include on-site service.
As IT budgets contract, you need to reduce complexity, decrease operational costs, and find ways to increase efficiency from your in-house IT support teams. Acer Premier Support manages routine support tasks, freeing IT focus on strategic efforts that move the organization forward. Boost end-user productivity and limit downtime with direct access to elite Acer engineers who provide unscripted, advanced hardware and software support. For more complex issues, Acer Technical Account Management teams provide end-to-end case management for faster, first-time resolutions.
Acer Premier Support includes:
- Acer Answers: Search knowledge-base to find answers to frequently asked questions about Acer products.
- Acer Community: Acer Community is the place for answers, advice, and discussion with other Acer product owners and enthusiasts.
- Acer YouTube Channel: Visit YouTube channel to see the latest support videos for most popular products.
- Repair Case Status: Check the status of a current repair order.
- Repair My Acer: Request to have Acer product repaired.
- In-Warranty Support: Get help with Acer product at any time day or night. Acer phone and chat technicians can assist with product setup, technical troubleshooting and general questions one may have about Acer product.
- Out-of-Warranty Support: Acer is dedicated to helping customers get the most from their products, even after their warranty period has expired. This Acer Support web site, along with Acer Community and the Acer Support YouTube channel, all offer great support options for all Acer products.If one prefers working with a live agent, the AnswersBy service may be right for one. “AnswersBy” is a third party company that employs highly trained support professionals who can assist with any PC related needs. AnswersBy offers service plans one can purchase to get help from live agents 24/7.This is another important area where Acer seems to be getting it right. The company has a team of polite and prompt customer care agents whom customers can reach from any part of the world. These agents are quite friendly and give relevant responses at the right time. The company also has a website that is quite easy to navigate and allows you to search for your laptop by imputing the SNID number. If you prefer interacting with them through social media, there is also provision for that.
Best Acer Laptops 2020
1. Predator Helios 300
This is a top of the line gamer-focused laptop. When people ask, are Acer laptops good for gaming? , there is only one answer which is this laptop. The price tag for this laptop is relatively reasonable at $999 which makes it a budget gaming laptop. It has 16 GB RAM and is powered by Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 1660Ti graphics card. The laptop has an extremely fast refresh rate which is 144 Hz and is essential for good gaming performance.
2. Acer Swift 2 50WL
This laptop is again a premium device manufactured by Acer. The highlight of this laptop is its inherent 4G modem which makes it a powerhouse performer. The 8th generation i5 CPU that runs it makes this one of the best laptops as per its price ($700).
3. Acer Aspire 3 Ryzen
Simple in design but a killer in performance, this is the motto of this laptop. It has a maximum clock speed of 3.6 Ghz by its AMD CPU and can be bought in various RAM versions. These start from 8GB and go up to 32 GB and 0.25 to 1 TB storage. Therefore, the highest spec model is extreme in its numbers even if we compare it to gaming laptops.
4. Predator Triton 500
This laptop answers the question, Is Acer good for gaming? excellently. The device has a whopping 144 Hz display refresh rate and can be bought with different specs up to 16 GB RAM and 1TB disk storage. Out of the available RAM, 8 GB is dedicated to video only. But, the price is comparably huge at almost $2500.
5. Acer Spin 3
As its name suggests, you can spin the screen all the way to 180 degrees and enjoy a tablet like an experience. The device is below $1000 and has a Core i7 CPU which is the tremendously fast processor. It comes with a stylus that can be used for precise tasks. The 16 GB RAM and SSD storage are enough to keep this laptop running smoothly for any type of application.
6. Acer Spin 5
The Acer Spin 5 is a compact device having the functionality of both a notebook and a tablet. It can be purchased in either 256 or 512 GB of storage with 8 to 16 GB of RAM options. Other features include an Ethernet port for wired internet connection, HDMI port, and USB connection ports.
7. Acer Switch 7 Black Edition
At present, the fundamental 2-in-1 in their lineup, the Switch 7 Black Edition (approx. $1271) is an excellent contender to the well known Microsoft Surface Pro at a much lower cost. With 16 GB of RAM, a huge segment of a terabyte of limit, and a 4-GHz processor, it’s unfathomable enough for about any business activity.
8. Acer Aspire 5
At just a small price tag, the Aspire 5 AMD (approx. $315) is about as sensible as a fit Windows device can get. It isn’t fit most games or resource overpowering applications, yet its 4 GBs of system memory and Ryzen 3 CPU are adequately just to pass on a quality experience.
9. Aspire 5 73 WC
One of their latest contributions, the Aspire 5 73WC (about $650) sneaks up suddenly because of its very good quality i7-8565U chipset, half-terabyte NVMe drive, and 12 gigabytes of double channel RAM that heap programs and complete foundation assignments effortlessly.
10. Acer Chrome Book (15.6 inch)
The Acer Chrome book 15.6 inch is a cheap yet capable device for everyday use. It is priced at under $200 so it makes it an excellent choice for students. The RAM is 4GB and a maximum clock speed of 2.48 GHz. There is connectivity through 2 USB C ports and one standard USB Type-A port. So, the device offers decent performance at a decent price tag.
Acer Laptops For Gaming
Well, on its way to making the best gaming laptop known to man, Acer is subverting the notion that ‘cheap’ always means ‘bad.’ Sometimes intelligent trade-offs are made for the sake of affordability, and often those concessions result in the contrivance of the best Acer laptop for gaming.
When you think of the best Acer laptop for gaming, chances are, the word Predator comes to mind. Here is a list of Best Acer Laptops of Gaming.
1. Acer Predator Triton 500
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 — 2080 Max-Q
- RAM: 16GB — 32GB
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS 144Hz
- Storage: 512GB — 1TB SSD
- Battery: 84Wh
- Dimensions: 10 x 14.1 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 4.41 lbs
2. Acer Predator Helios 300 (15-inch)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-8300H — i7-8750H
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
- RAM: 8GB — 16GB
- Screen: 15.6-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080) IPS 144Hz
- Storage: 256GB SSD — 1TB HDD, 256GB SSD
- Battery: 48Wh
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 15.4 x 1.1 inches
- Weight: 5.95 lbs
3. Acer Nitro 5
- CPU: 2.4-GHz 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H or AMD Quad Core 2.1-GHz Ryzen 5 3550H
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon RX 560X
- RAM: 8GB-32GB
- Storage: 256GB-512GB SSD
- Screen: 15.6 inches 1920 x 1080
- Weight: 5.7 pounds
4. Acer Predator Helios 500
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8750H — i9-8950HK; AMD Ryzen 7 2700
- GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070; AMD Radeon RX 56
- RAM: 16GB
- Screen: 17.3-inch FHD (1,920 x 1,080)
- Storage: 256GB SSD — 2TB HDD, 512GB SSD
- Battery: 74Wh
- Dimensions: 11.7 x 16.9 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 8.82 lbs
5. Nitro 5 AN515-55-54Q0
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-10300H processor Quad-core 2.50 GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650Ti with 4 GB dedicated memory
- Dimensions: 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) 16:9
- RAM: 16 GB, DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
6. Predator Triton 900 – PT917-71-78FC
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-9750H processor Hexa-core 2.60 GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 2080 with 8 GB dedicated memory
- Dimensions: 17.3″ 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) 16:9 IPS display
- RAM: 32 GB, DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 1 TB Solid state drive (2 x 512 GB)
Acer Laptops For Business
Acer may be better known for affordable consumer laptops than business-class systems, but the company does offer enticing options for workers. The lineup includes laptops that are slim and portable, laptops meant for serious multitasking, and flexible 2-in-1s. Even better, many of our top picks for work are quite affordable, but keep in mind that they are primarily consumer laptops, these weren’t built to be used 9-plus hours a day for years at a time, and many of them have unnecessary bloatware. Here is a list of Acer Best Laptops for Business purposes:
- Swift 7
- Spin 7
- Switch 7 (Black Edition)
- Aspire 7
- Chromebook 15 Spin CP315
- Swift 5 Pro
- Switch Alpha 12
- Chromebook 13 CB713
- TravelMate X3410
Acer Laptops For Editing
Editing videos is a power- and memory-intensive task, so cheaping-out on a bargain-bin machine just isn’t going to cut it and would be a false economy. If you want fast rendering times with less hanging around while working through an edit, you’ll need a laptop with a potent processor, lots of memory (RAM) and preferably a large monitor.
All this will inevitably result in a larger than average laptop, but this may not be that big an issue if you do most of your editing at home. Scaling things down will of course improve portability, but you’ll soon find power, battery life and viewing ergonomics get severely compromised. Here is a list of Acer Best Laptops for Editing purposes:
- Acer ConceptD 7
- Acer Predator Helios 300 15
- Acer Aspire E15
- Acer Aspire ES15
- Acer Travelmate B
- Acer Chromebook 15
- Acer Chromebook R 11 Convertible
Acer is a great brand and company that is always reinventing itself. The product lines are very broad and have great products in every price category. Of course you can only expect good quality for what you pay. But if you are buying an Acer Laptop you can be sure that you get a lot for the money you are spending. No matter if you are a Gamer, waiting to play the new Flight Simulator 2020, or a student with a limited budget, you can find the right Laptop or Desktop PC at Acer.
While there are so many Acer laptop models available in the market, the best actually would depend on your usage and your needs. If you are a gamer who doesn’t care about the budget, then you can go for the Acer Predator Triton 900.
At every point you’ll feel that you can invest a $100 and get a better a laptop with better specs, but believe us, this is the numbers game that the brands play. Before buying one, you should always think about the things you’ll be doing and the resources you’ll need.