Charlie Matthew Biography
Charles Matthew Hunnam was born on 10-04-1980 in Newcastle in Tyne, England, United Kingdom. He is an English Film Television Actor. He got fame after his roles as Nathan Maloney inside the Channel 4 drama Queer as Folk (1999–2000), Lloyd Haythe inside the Fox comedy series Undeclared (2001–2002), the title position in Nicholas Nickleby (2002), Pete Dunham in Green Street (2005), Jackson “Jax” Teller in the FX drama series Sons of Anarchy (2008–2014) for which he was twice nominated as Best Actor for the Critics’ Choice Television Award in a Drama Series, Raleigh Becket in Pacific Rim (2013), Percy Fawcett in The Lost City of Z (2017), and in the title role of Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur in the famous film Legend of the Sword (2017).
Birth And Family
Charlie Hunnam turned into born on April 10, 1980, in Newcastle, England, to William ‘Billy’ Hunnam and Jane Bell. While his father turned into a gangster and scrap steel merchant, his mom becomes a ballet dancer who owned a gift shop. He becomes the second one biological son of the couple; he has an elder brother and more youthful step-brothers. His mother and father got separated when he was a young child.
Growing up in Newcastle upon Tyne, he acquired his formal schooling from ‘Heaton Manor School.’ After his mom remarried and shifted base to Melmerby, Cumbria, he went in conjunction with her and got admission at the ‘Elizabeth Grammar School.’
Аѕ а kіd, Charlie lоvеd different fоrmѕ оf аrtѕ according to his creativity. Fоr further studies, аftеr finishing hіѕ high ѕсhооl, hе got admission in Cumbria Соllеgе оf Аrtѕ and Design, where hе dіd hіѕ graduation іn theory and hіѕtоrу оf film with а ѕіdе іn performing аrtѕ.
|Full Name||Charles Matthew Hunnam|
|Profession||English Actor, Screenwriter|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||6 Feet 2 Inches (1.85 m)|
|Weight (approx.)||88 kg (194 lbs)|
|Debut||Cold Mountain (2003)|
|Awards||· ‘CinemaCon Award’ for ‘Male Star of the Year’
· ‘Huading Award’
· ‘Best Global Emerging Actor’
· ‘Nаtіоnаl Воаrdѕ оf Rеvіеw’
|Famous role||Starring role within the 2002 flick “Abandon”.|
|Date of Birth||April 10, 1980|
|Age||39 years old (in 2020)|
|Birthplace||Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom|
|Hometown||Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne And Wear|
|School||Heaton Manor School|
|College/University||University of Cumbria|
|Life partner||Katharine Towne (m. 1999–2002)|
|Parents||Father: William Hunnam
Mother: Jane Hunnam
|Siblings||Brother(s): William Hunnam
Sister(s): Not Known
|Wife / husband||Katharine Towne (m. 1999–2002)|
|Favorite Food||Ice Cream|
|Favorite Film(s)||War witch 2012|
|Net worth||$20 million|
Charlie Matthew Career
Small display aside, Hunnam first attracted international interest by his starring role within the 2002 flick “Abandon”. Afterward, he secured his first lead function in the movie inside the drama “Nicholas Nickleby”. In his increasing acting career, April 10, 1980, a born actor has his so-called “trilogy of madmen.” The first one turned into the character of Bosie which he portrayed in “Cold Mountain” (2002), the second one became his position as Pete Dunham in “Green Street” (2005), and the remaining one was Patric of “Children of Men” (2006). The same year, he played an important position within the indie comedy ‘3,2,1.Frankie Go Boom’ and then performed ‘Raleigh Becket’ within the sci-fi movie ‘Pacific Rim’ in 2013.
In 2015, he changed into the cast to play ‘Alan McMichael’ in Guillermo del Toro-directed horror flick ‘Crimson Peak.’ He starred in the journey drama ‘The Lost City of Z’ (2016) as geographer ‘Percy Fawcett.’ In 2017, he played the title role within the movie ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.’ In 2019, he performed ‘Sergeant O’Neill’ in Justin Kurzel-directed British-Australian biographical movie ‘True History of the Kelly Gang.’
- He met Katharine Towne while auditioning for ‘Dawson’s Creek.’ The two were attracted to each other and together they tied the knot after four weeks of courtship. However, their marriage ended due to some reasons in 2002.
- In 2005, he started dating jewelry designer Morgana McNelis. In 2016, he started training in well-known Brazilian jiu-jitsu and received his blue belt as an honor in 2018.
Awards And Achievements
Rising to stardom for his leading role as Jackson ‘Jax’ Teller inside the FX series “Sons of Anarchy”, Charlie Hunnam received a Critics’ Choice Television Award nomination, three EWwy Award nominations for Best Lead Actor in a Drama Series, and also received a PAAFTJ Award nomination for Best Cast in a Drama Series. Before it, he changed into the cast in his first position ever as Jason in 3 episodes of “Byker Grove”. His overall performance on the children shows brought about his foremost position on Channel 4 drama “Queer as Folk”. In early 2000, he had habitual roles on WB Television Network series “Young Americans” as nicely as within the short-lived Fox series “Undeclared”.Hunnam has acquired prestigious awards, including ‘CinemaCon Award’ for ‘Male Star of the Year’ and ‘Huading Award’ for ‘Best Global Emerging Actor’ and ‘Nаtіоnаl Воаrdѕ оf Rеvіеw’
Charlie Matthew Social Media
Charlie Matthew Interesting Facts
- His full name is Charles Matthew Hunnam.
- Charlie’s mom changed into an artist, and his dad was a scrap-steel dealer, and they separated whilst he was younger.
- He has one older brother and younger half-brothers, and he calls his older brother “one of the toughest guys” he is met.
- One of his favorite sports to play in faculty changed into rugby.
- He attended Cumbria College of Art and Design, in which he graduated with a degree in the idea and history of film with a facet in acting arts.
- He started performing at the age of 17 after being located clowning round in a shoe shop.
- A production manager for the Newcastle-primarily based children’s display Byker Grove approached him and Hunnam become later forged in his first function as Jason in three episodes of the display.
- The movie Excalibur rose him to emerge as an actor.
- He changed into “The Face” of Emporio Armani’s ad campaign in 2005.
- He owned at least eighty-five pairs of NikeAirmax 90s.